Juventus CEO Maurizio Arrivabene has denied holding talks with Paul Pogba’s agent over the midfielder returning to the club.
Pogba is out of contract at the end of the season and, as 90min reported earlier this month, he will be leaving Manchester United and the Premier League behind in the summer.
Juventus, Paris Saint-Germain and Real Madrid are his three most likely destinations, although sources have indicated that he has not made a decision on his future yet.
Recent reports suggested that Juve had been in talks with Pogba’s new agent, Rafaela Pimenta, but this has been staunchly rebuffed by Arrivabene.
“Let’s just make one thing clear,” he told Sky Sports Italia.
“Pogba is a Manchester United player. We must show respect for him and his squad. Having said that, Pogba’s agents are also the same who represent Kean and Luca Pellegrini, so it’s only normal we should meet with them.
“The subject of today’s meeting was not Pogba. If we wanted to talk to Pogba, we would first need to speak to Manchester United. It’s a gentleman’s agreement between the clubs.”
Pogba is already expected to have played his final game for United as he will not feature in their final game of an underwhelming season – Sunday’s trip to Crystal Palace – due to injury.
For more from Matt O’Connor-Simpson, follow him on Twitter